Workforce for Health Taskforce
The Workforce for Health Taskforce was launched in April 2018 to determine South Carolina-specific policy changes and health care workforce solutions needed to create sustainable, person-centered systems of health care that promote population health.
The Taskforce represented more than 60 of the state’s leading experts from health care systems, state agencies, consumer groups, academia, community-based organizations, nonprofits and philanthropic organizations.
The Taskforce’s final report was released in June, 2019.
Advisory Committee Members
- Kester Freeman, Jr., Co-Chair: Executive Director, SC Institute of Medicine and Public Health
- Dick Wilkerson, Co-Chair: Chairman & President Michelin North America (Retired), IMPH Board Member
- Graham Adams, PhD: CEO, SC Office of Rural Health
- Chris Collins, MSW: Associate Director, Health Care, The Duke Endowment
- Sara Goldsby, MSW, MPH: Director, SC Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services
- Anton J. Gunn, MSW: Chief Diversity Officer and Executive Director of Community Health Innovation, MUSC
- Lara Hewitt, MPH: Vice President, Education and Member Services, SC Hospital Association
- Mark Jordan: Director of the Office of Primary Care, SC Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Linda Lacey, MS: Director, Office for Healthcare Workforce, SC Area Health Education Consortium
- Pete Liggett, PhD: Deputy Director, Long-Term Living and Behavioral Health, SC Department of Health and Human Services
- Angelo Sinopoli, MD: Chief Clinical Officer, Prisma Health | President and CEO, Care Coordination Institute
Please contact Brie Hunt for more information on the Workforce for Health Taskforce.