IMPH Year in Review and Looking Forward
As another year comes to a close and we all take time to celebrate the holiday season with family and friends, the staff of IMPH wishes you the very best for the holidays and the new year to come!
In reflecting on the past year, we also wish to thank you for your partnership and for your support of the work of IMPH. Through our collaborative work, we have had an exciting year of growth and impact in South Carolina:
- We celebrated the alumni of the inaugural offering of the Health Policy Fellows Program and expanded the program for legislative staff.
- The Behavioral Health Taskforce has worked to identify needed improvements to enhance our state’s behavioral health system.
- The work of the Long-Term Care Taskforce, which seeks to strengthen long-term services and supports in our state, was recognized by Governor Haley, highlighted by former Lt. Governor McConnell in his joint address to the General Assembly on the state of aging and was featured in several publications, including the AARP Bulletin.
- With the release of the State Obesity Action Plan, IMPH is partnering with the Department of Health and Environmental Control to facilitate action for a statewide SCale Down initiative.
- We partnered in planning the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Data for Health Forum in Charleston, SC.
- We published an updated version of the Pocket Guide to Health Care Terms – September 2014 Edition and briefs on the Uninsured in South Carolina and The Role and Value of Portable Play Equipment in the Child Care Center.
- We served as the state lead for the release of the 2014 County Health Rankings.
In 2015, we look forward to another exciting year with the culmination of the Long-Term Care and Behavioral Health taskforces through the release of their respective findings and recommendations. The Health Policy Fellows Program will provide a second offering for members of the General Assembly, and there will be opportunities for all stakeholders to become involved in the SCale Down initiative.
We look forward to working with you in 2015 as a part of these and other events and initiatives.
Best wishes for the holiday season and the new year to come!